Challenge yourself to a Donald Ross original.
As a guest of The Eseeola Lodge, you gain privileged access to the championship course at Linville Golf Club—an experience you don’t want to miss. Challenging golfers since 1924, this legendary 18-hole course is an American golf treasure nestled in the North Carolina High Country. There’s a difference between courses today and classics like this one, which was handcrafted around the land’s original contour with mule-and-pan grading. It’s a difference you can feel—like the small, severe greens that defend the hole, an important aspect of Ross’s painstaking design. Play it just once, and you’ll see why people can’t stop singing its praises—and coming back for more.
Over the past decade, our golf course has received numerous accolades. The latest:
- Golfweek’s Best Resort (No. 37 in the U.S.)
- Golfweek’s Best Course You Can Play (No. 5 in N.C.).
Previous awards and recognitions:
- Best Courses You Can Play (No. 4 in N.C.) — Golfweek, 2013
- Best Resort Courses (No. 32) — Golfweek, 2013
- Best Summer Golf Destinations: The South — Golf.com
- Top 100 Courses You Can Play (No. 63) — GOLF Magazine, 2010
- Courses (Course: 28, Facilities: 24, Service: 25, Value: 28) — ZAGAT Survey 2006/2007
- Recognized for Excellence — America’s Top Rated Golf
- Golf Course of the Day — ESPN & Golf Digest, May 7, 2004
- Greatest 100 Holes of Golf (Par 4 third hole) — Golfweek
Just beyond the Lodge, the challenge of the Linville Golf Course awaits—and this Donald Ross original is not to be missed. For a tip or two, a PGA teaching pro is always on staff at the pro shop to help guests improve their game. Packages are for Sunday through Wednesday evenings, May 25 – June 30 and August 24 – October 15. All golf packages include lodging, breakfast and dinner, a resort service charge, and one round of golf with a cart.
|DELUXE ROOMS||$295 per person double occupancy|
$445 per person single occupancy
|$325 per person double occupancy|
$465 per person single occupancy
|SUITES||$350 per person double occupancy|
$500 per person single occupancy
|$375 per person double occupancy|
$525 per person single occupancy
Ratings / Slope
- Gold: 73.3 / 135
- Ross: 72.3 / 129
- Blue: 72.1 / 129
- White: 70.4 / 125
- Black: 67.0 / 119
- Black: 72.8 / 129
- Red: 69.2 / 122
- First Round $125
- Second Round (same day) $62.50